lørdag 16. oktober 2010

My 10 Ironman distance finish

1st. Norseman 2005
My first triathlon ever, was Norseman. I had nearly not been in water before June – the same year, and was a bit unsure if I could be able to reach the cut of time – whit breast swimming… We were probably a bit lucky whit the condition with the stream in the water. I finished my 3.8km swim in 1 hour 34minutes!! I did a great race – and finished 4th among the female.
I do not understand why Norseman is called the hardest one day competition in the world!!!

2dn. Ironman Lanzarote 2006
I was of cause hooked after my great race in Norseman… I had to do more. I had already signed in for Norseman 2006. I had no idea what I signed in for when the first thriathlon competition I find the spring 2006 was IM Lanzarote… I had not learned to crawl – I had almost not been in the water since august the year before! But I finished the first part relatively ok! I was prepared for long uphill – a lot of uphill’s, but I was NOT prepared for the wind! “The wind is our friend” – was the last thing I heard when I was on my way out on the bike! I did NOT feel like the wind was my friend that day! And I was not prepared for the HOT sun... IT become a long and WARM marathon(walk)! I’m going back to Lanzarote (hopefully already 2012 – and I will be prepared for wind and hothot sun). THIS is a HARD race!! The hardest I’ve ever done! But I finished!! :-)

3rd. Norseman2006
This was a good year for me. I finished 1st among the female! Norseman is so nice! You have your own support – and my support – Dad is the best! That you have to bring with our own support, make this race kind! It is easy to fix – whatever you need! (If you have done your job – with exercise and is prepared for a lot of uphill!)

4th. Ironman South Africa 2007
I’m not a good swimmer… That is not so smart – if you are going to do IM South Africa. For the first time I had spent hours in the pool – to learn to crawl. But the condition in the water was NOT fun for a girl that is afraid of the water. I survive the swimming – but used close to two hours!! When I first got on the bike, everything was so mush more fun! I had the 2nd best bike split in my age group.


5th. Norseman 2007
This is the longest day in a competition so far. Two month later – in October I got the news… I was pregnant. So when you are 3,5month pregnant – it is hard to finish an Ironman distance!
(But I was lucky – and was very strong the whole time of my pregnancy. I finished a half marathon (Amsterdam half marathon) in October – in less than two hour. And 19 days before giving birth I run 9,2km in 51minutes! I got a strong and healthy son 19.Januar!)



6th. Norseman 2008
Probably a kind of “personal best”. In less than 8 month after giving birth, I finished 3rd among the female – in the competition that they called “the hardest one day competition”!






7th. Ironman Nice 2009
Nice is a nice competition! I had the 2nd best bike split in my age group. And get really stomach troubles on the marathon.

8th. Norseman 2009
This was my 5th Norseman. The first and still only girl that own 5 black Norseman t-skirt!!
I had a bit troubles with my motivation! I was not strong enough to set a personal best this year, and I have proved earlier that I’m strong enough to finish 1st, pregnant and even reach a fantastic result short time after giving birth. Then it is hard to finish Norseman. My dad did a great job! He made me go on! He earns one of the black t-skirt!!





9th. Ironman Zurich2010
I had to do something ales than Norseman one year. So I planed a competition so close to Norseman 2010 as possible. This was the flattest Ironman I’ve ever finished… And the only thing I remember is stomach troubles.





10th. Challenge Barcelona 2010
A long story... You can read about it on "Challenge Barchelona 2010" :-)

Ingen kommentarer: