mandag 3. januar 2011

Plans for the 2011 season

Finally, a new year, and the possibility, to make new plans, and get new goals! 2010 was a bit heavy year, a lot of weeks (17!!!! Weeks) without exercising because of virus, throat problems and stomach problems. I “blame” my kid… :-) He started in the kindergarten, and “every week”, he brought home a new type of bacteria or virus, flu or stomach trouble… My immune-system could not handle this, and I spent a lot of days in bed – or indoor, just waiting to get the feeling of being healthy and full loaded of energy, so I could be able to handle some more than just slow walking with my dog – without getting sick…

After my “24 hour run” last weekend in November, I put away my polar watch and training book. It was time to take some weeks of, and try not to think of any kind of exercise plans, possible intervals, or competitions in the nearest future. The body (and mind) needed some rest. It is probably a bit stupid – to think, that 6 hour training every week (I count around 320hour training all together in 2010) – make me able to finish 2 ironman, 2 half ironman (check out AXTRI…), a half marathon and some short triathlon, running and bike competitions - and a 24 hour run… :-) Without getting tired and sick…!? I was able to finish all this of cause, but I was very tired in December!!
The good thing last year was the first part of the season – from April to late June, (I finished 3rd in the Norwegian Championship in long distance triathlon – half ironman distance! I even won a couple of competitions) In that part of the season I felt relatively strong and healthy. The worst part was the late season, from July to November (where I finish my two ironman distances, AXTRI and the “24 hour run”)! I felt sick and tired (almost) all the time. This year I will do something with my competitions-calendar! (I think… :-) ) My kid has been in the kindergarten for a while now, and I hope we are over the worst part of strength-train-the-immune-system!? Maybe we both are able to handle some of the basils (bassiluskar…) without getting sick? So, now I’m back, energy loaded and very ready to start the new season!! This year I’ve got 3 main goals (so far…)
In May I look so forward to Mallorca!! http://ironmanmallorca.com/ I will probably “sink” on the swimming part, because, I don’t like the indoor swimming! But that is not so important… I will survive the bike part – and my main goal, for the whole season is to be a bit better runner – so I will do my best to try to run faster than last year! The trip is already ordered! :-)
In August I will start on my 11th Ironman, this year in Regensburg. http://www.ironman-regensburg.de/english/

I dream of a competition without stomach – troubles, a marathon where I am able to run, not walk from toilet to toilet! I still search for nutrition that makes me keep on going in long run.
And later in August, the competition that looks like a favourite this year is, Trollveggen Triathlon! http://www.trollveggen-triathlon.com/index.html Check out the nature!! And while I’m waiting for the spring, I LOVE the winter!! :-)








Ingen kommentarer: