tirsdag 28. september 2010

I`m ready

I had to find another ironman distance competition this year! I was so disappointed over my self in Zurich. And it would have been a sad autumn if I don’t get a chance to make it a bit better than IM Zurich… I do think that I can be able to finish in 12 hours.
Using over 13 hours – and almost 6 hours on a marathon – that is not what I have trained for…
So I’m going to participate in Barcelona Challenge, October the 3rd.
It is a bit stupid – I have not get good enough, and enough exercise since august, but, AXTRI was so great, I was strong on the bike – had no troubled with knee or no stomach troubles. So I decide to do go to Spain!
This will be my first flat Ironman, and my 10th ironman (finish… :-)) I think it will be challenge for me to bike fast on a flat track for 180 km. I love uphill’s, and use the downhill to rest. On a flat track – there is no time to rest.
It is not an important competition, my main goal is: NOT have any troubles with my stomach! In Zurich I spent about one hour on those badbad WC - on the marathon (because I could not handle the water we got there). This time I have checked what kind of water we get and what kind of food we get served. And I know that I will need all my own sport/energy drink – and gel. But I will be able to take water, cola and banana on the food station.
It has to work, just one time… I am a bit bored of spending so mush time on the toilet…


It is a lot of Norwegian going to Spain, the start list count 20 Norwegian that going to participate in the Challenge. Spain is popular!

I’m looking so forward to the start! :-)

Ingen kommentarer: